~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Bedroom, Bath, Hall

Since we are 'temporarily' living in an apartment (for the last year!) while my wonderful hubby waits for his heart transplant, I don't have 'too' much room to create and place my primitives (but believe me, i'm working on filling every spot...eeekkk!!) Here are some prims I made for the bath, bedroom and the small hallway in between.....

BATH:

I loved the image above of the vintage photo of the lady by her bathtub


BEDROOM:

Above is the very first prim stitchery I did! I had purchased some and then thought "Hey, I can do that!" I've done I think 2 others, one for my nephew's Baptism and one for my mom for Christmas. Oh! And My Easter bunny pillow in My "Welcome" initial post! :)

This one above was alot of fun. I received the Crow tissue paper in of course one of the many primitive items I ordered through the internet. So I based my idea around that. Found alot of fun 'crow' pics & threw in some rusty hearts, stars and old buttons and made it all into a collage. Best thing is I got the red frame at the $1 store! I then just embellished the frame with more old buttons & 1 small rusty star at the top then hung it on a piece of homespun!

HALLWAY:

I purchased a couple of those great battery operated candles from Ebay, and then whipped up my version of a grungy coat and waaa-laaa! I loved how they turned out! Since this was one of my first 'grunging' attempts, some of the pieces of grunge have falled off and I...errrrr...glued them back on...it was just the quickest way at the time! I actually think I may have made my grungy coat a bit too thick...that may be the problem. (??)

This is how I have them displayed in our little hallway on a black shelf along with some stenciled prim blocks. I put both of the candles in their own rusty candle holders (and tied homespun on the handles --- LOVE homespun!) The one holder was deeper than the other, so I filled it with some yummy prim fixes! (all Ebay purchases!)

No comments:

Post a Comment