~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, July 03, 2009

Grubby Candles

I'm very excited that the grubby jar candles I made came out soooo cool!! I took salsa or jam jars and made them all grungy with cinnamon and cloves and other spices. I then painted the lids brown and also sprinkled those with spices. On some I attached stained cheesecloth, rusty wire, old keys or rusty saftey pins. I found some really cool old pics that I printed out then tore off of the printed paper so they would have a jagged edge. Some I added quotes to, others I left as is as I felt the picture spoke for itself. I then made my candle wax, poured and let harden. I did not wick these candles as I mainly burn candles by lighted candle burners....I like those so much better. I was thinking of making more and selling maybe on Ebay or Etsy....what 'cha think?




No comments:

Post a Comment