~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What 'cha Work'in on Wednesday

This is the 2nd prim framed art work (would you call it that??) I've made. I've yet to post the first one!
Any hoots I find great vintage pics then locate quotes that I think kind of 'go' with the pics.
The quotes are then stitched onto a piece of grubby muslin. This quote reads "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care about what I do"

The pic I found was a a lady getting dressed in her vintage clothing while looking into a mirror. I have some old music sheets and found the lyric "On thy dear face, let me gaze" that I thought it was quite fitting. I decopaged all on a piece of green patterned fabric along with strips of a red patterned fabric, rusty star & safety pins and buttons.

The finished product I put into a black frame I purchased at the $1 store and used some sand paper on the edges to give a distressed look.
This I will put in our bedroom and I'll be working on another similar one for our bedroom too...so I'll post that one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment