~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, August 21, 2009

Dining Room (????)

Well, it's not actually a 'dining room' I guess....it's part of our small kitchen in our apartment we rent while waiting to return to our home in Idaho. Any hoots, I made a Sugar Cone that was super duper easy! I used regular brown sugar and it still came out really dark so that is fine because I wanted to use dark brown sugar but the store was out! I just used one of our plastic glasses as the mold.


I let the sugar cone dry out for about 2 days. Then wrapped in some prim crow tissue paper tied with old cheesecloth and jute, secured with a rusty pin. I made a hang tag that reads "1800's Sugar Cone"


I took 2 of my grubby candles I had made (with coffee and cocoa!) and attached a picture of 2 children with their mammy....I secured it with jute wrapped around the two candles and the picture.


The wrapped candles and sugar cone are displayed on a red prim plate with a gold star in the middle.


This primitive board sign is also in my 'dining room' so thought I would share. I purchased from a seller on ebay and love it! It's mustard with checkerboard, stars and "ABC" stenciled on it. It's nice and skinny so it fits perfect on the little piece of wall next to the coat closet.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you did your sugar cone! Very clever sweetie! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sugar cone & tapers!!
    Great idea!! You blog is great!
    I love all your kitties! I have been newly adopted by 2 kitties! My 1st cats ever!
    :)Shan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete