~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Prairie Dress


Well here is a little Prairie Dress I made. I cut out the pattern from muslin, then hand sewn. I grubbied the dress and everything else that was to be part of it in my stain (coffee, vanilla and cinnamon) then of course baked!

I wrapped some green gingham material around the center as a little belt and decopaged on little patches of a floral fabric with green and lilac colors.

I made a 'pocket' out of a blue flowered fabric and stuffed it with some moss. On the 'pocket' I stitched the work "Primitive" onto a plain piece of muslin and then attached it to the 'pocket' with a few rusty safety pins.

I searched outside the other night for a semi thick twig then used part of that to hang the dress from. I twisted some rusty wire around the twig to make the 'hanger handle'.

So the little grubby dress is hanging in our bathroom at the small apartment we are renting as my hubby recoops from his recent heart transplant. Once we can get back to our actual home, I may hang this in our laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment