~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What 'cha Work'in on Wednesday

Well today I finished up one of my favorite things....grundying up some jars to make candles in. I soooo love this project. I normally spread it out over a period of time. I need to collect the jars for my candles, then find great vintage pics and sayings to represent them. After adhering the pics and sayings to the jars, I grunge them up nicely with either cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves! YUMMY!! I then decorate the jars more with rusty wire, bells, pins or home-grubbed cheesecloth.
Here are pics of when I was making some of the candles plus some of my tarts I make which I LOVE to burn in my many tart warmers!

Here is one of my grubby jars...the pic is hard to see, but it's a kitty laying, stretched out on his side. The saying reads "A cat pours his body on the floor like water. It is restful just to see him. - William Lyon Phelps"

Here it is with the top off and burning. I wicked this one, my first, normally I make non-wicked candles and burn them in a candle warmer. It turned out great though and the scent is "Peach Cobbler"

Here are the rest of my grubbed up jars I finished tonight. I just need to add my scented/colored candle wax to them which I'm hoping to do this weekend!
Saying below: "Distance tests a horse's strength. Time reveals a person's character"

Saying: "Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” -Marion C. Garretty

Saying: "A two-year old is kind of like having a blender, but you don't have a top for it"

Saying: "I was so poor growing up - if I wasn't a boy - I'd have had nothing to play with - Rodney Dangerfield"

Saying: “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability”

Saying: "When babies look beyond you and giggle, maybe they're seeing angels"

Saying: "He who burns his bridges better be a damn good swimmer.
Author Unknown"

I may be opening an Etsy store soon and sell these...so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment