~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sunday, December 06, 2009

More Christmas!

Well I've been down with a little bug the last few days...so finally getting back to blogging...I sure missed it!!

Here is the remainder of my primitive Christmas decorations which I so love!! This is a Snowman's hat I made. I purchased a black top hat and decorated it with sparkly mica, bells, a snowflake ornament, holly & berries, Christmas ribbon, 2 pipe cleaner candy canes I made, a rusty key and a REAL corn cob pipe!


Here is the grubby hang tag that I made which is hanging from the hat. It's a boy sitting next to his Christmas tree, and I believe he's holding some type of old horn:


Here's our little hallway decorated. This is the cute prim box that covers our thermostat. One of my sweet annie Santa Heads are propped up on it and the hanging drum ornament is looped on the knob.


Our hallway shelf has a extreme primitive Snowman shelf sitter which I so love. He's so super prim! An old gold Cmas tree stands next to him and hanging from one of the shelf nails are a prim pair of ice skates. The tin "Merry Christmas" sign was a Dollar Tree purchase and I hung 2 bells from it. Too cute!



The hang tag I made to hang with this display from the shelf is a wonderful old pic of a mom and her 2 children by their Cmas trees. The words "Christmas 1913" is at the bottom of the actual photo.


This huge star on an old bobbin is fantastic! Another one of my great Ebay purchases (along with the Snowman sitter and ice skates too!). It sits in the corner of our living room. We put a light on it so you can see it lit up at night and it looks so pretty.



On the dining room/kitchen table, I used a prim red bowl to display my grubby snowmen and really grungy candy canes....yes Ebay! I filled the bowl with spanish moss. The snowmen each have words stitched onto them: "frosty", "let it snow" and "Brr". I wrapped the oh-so grungy candy canes with some raffia and hung one of my handmade prim tags from them. This tag shows a cute little girl dressed up as a drummer by her twig Cmas tree & I wrote the words "Jingle Bells" on it.



The other thing I made, besides the hang tag are the 2 lighted candles on either side of the bowl. I purchased them at the Dollar Tree store. They were just plain white. So I painted one red and the other green. The bases I pained black, they were originally gold. I then sprinkled them with cinnamon and mica all over and they turned out great! (the grubby votive in the bowl...I made too, but that was in an earlier post.)


In the kitchen I put some fun window jelly stickers on the microwave. I figured if they stick to windows, they should stick to the microwave door!

My Christmas display for my stove top consists of one of my other favorite prim bowls filled with Christmas poupourri that has jingle bells in it! 3 adorable gingers and their candy canes fill the bowl along with 2 more of my peppermint ornies.

On my noodle board I have my grubby elf hat I made. The hat was a Dollar Tree purchase along with all the goodies I stuffed in it! Some pinecones, Cmas flowers, bells and a very cute dish towel that reads 'Naughty'. On the outside of the hat I grubbed it up with spices and mica. Placed some more jingle bells, holly & berries, a rusty key and 2 more of my handmade pipe cleaner candy canes!

Here is a full view of the entire stove. Happy Holidays!!

4 comments:

  1. what a lovely post filled with wonderful eye candy! I love it all, but those skates and the snowmen are my favorites:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the Dollar Tree battery candles! I bought a couple of those and I think I'm gonna give that a try. Thanks for sharing all your hard work with us. I love it all!
    Hugs,
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your snowman hat. What a cute idea.I'm gonna have to start checking out the Dollar Tree.HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you ,too. Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a warm beautiful holiday home! Everything looks so prim perfect. I love the hat as well... too cute! You do very nice work on your tags! Hugs to you sweet friend!!! Blessings, Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete