~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Friday, December 18, 2009

Necklaces....The Easy Gift!

I used to make jewelry as a craft....not so much anymore as primitives have taken over my life! ha-ha! I did want to share with you some necklaces I have made in the past that are super easy to make! You can find most of these supplies at craft or bead stores. Here is what you will need:

Colored fabric ties
Assortment of beads
Glass charms

This first one I used a black colored tie, and a really pretty glass charm that had greys, blues and black in it. I added some silver, clear and dark irridesant beads. The fabric ties just tie in the back to secure the necklace. You can tie them so the necklace hangs low or tie so the necklace is more of a choker!


The brown/green necklace below has a round glass charm. So I just looped the brown fabric tie through the hole to secure the charm. I added only a couple brown, green and silver beads. The large brown charm in the middle is actually from an old bracelet that had broken on me...so I incorporated that into this necklace. As you can see, the fabric tie is tied tighter on this one so it hangs as a choker style.


I really love the glass charm on the one below...it has blues, browns and dark reds throughout it. I used a brown fabric tie and added clear, dark red and light blue beads. This one is shown with the tie tied loose so it is a longer necklace.


Purple is one of my favorite colors, so when I saw this glass purple/pink charm, I had to make a necklace with it. A purple fabric tie, purple, pink and silver beads complete it!

3 comments:

  1. My MIL would love those! They all look so nice on you. I wish I could wear necklaces, my son would rip them off of me if I did. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I wear necklaces everyday. I may have to give these a try! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those are just incredible! I had brought a lot of gorgeous ribbon ties when a bead place went out of business but didn't really know "what" they could be used for! Now I do! Thank'ee fer sharing those gorgeous necklaces!

    ReplyDelete