~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Prim Craft'in

I have been soooooooooooo blog lazy!! I don't know why, I really hope to get better. I had not been crafting in awhile either, but I started up again and now I'm on a roll and enjoying it!

Here are a few things I've done:

PRIM WREATH

BEFORE


ADDED HOMESPUN AND PIPBERRIES


PRIM STAR AND KEYS


CROW AND PIPBERRY WREATH HANGER


THE FINISHED PRODUCT!




PRIM DRIED ORANGE SLICES

I soooooo love these and they were so easy to make! Slice up your oranges and put on a baking sheet then sprinkle with spices. I used cinnamon, clove, allspice...be creative! I baked them at 200 degrees for several hours.


I added whole allspice, cloves and nutmeg to the mix!


I found this jar on clearance at the World Market store:


I replaced the regular lid with a silver one I had which has holes in it so all the yummy scent spills out!




REINDEER FOOD JAR

I wanted to share this even though Christmas is behind us and we are all wishing for Spring to hurry up!

Dear Jenn "busybee" from The Olde River Road Forum (see right sidebar for icon) sent me a Christmas card with a wonderfully prim "Reindeer Food" label!

I adhered it to a recycled jar and attached jute, rusty bells and safety pins to the neck of the jar. I super grubbied up the lid with spices.


I filled the jar with oatmeal (NOT cooked! LOL!) and a bunch of different glitter and sparkles....red, green, iridescent white, blue and pink!



5 comments:

  1. Hi kitty, your orange slices are wonderful and love the wreath and reindeer food! Glad to hear your back to crafting:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kitty, I love your wreath step by step. I might even get inspired to give that a whirl this weekend.:) The orange slices are also going to need to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas......I'm just back in the grove of things myself, it's hard when you take a break for the holidays.
    Great recycled jar...the label is awesome.
    Bet your house smelled yummy from the orange slices!
    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kitty, it seems a lot of us have not been posting as often lately - just a lot going on and not enough time to get to it all.

    I LOVE you wreath - fabulous! And the orange slices mixed with whole spices - I love that! They look great in your awesome jar!

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath and hanger! And the reindeer jar is great. Glad you are back to crafting!

    ReplyDelete