~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday, November 26, 2011

So much to be THANKFUL for!



I hope you all had a wonderful turkey day! Can you believe another Thanksgiving has now come and gone?

Well my husband and I both had ALOT to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving....We are both incredibly thankful for his health.

My husband has been through alot of health issues his whole life. He was born 46 years ago with a

called Tetralogy of Fallot. He endured many, many open heart surgeries his entire life to try to 'fix' his broken heart. His first open heart surgery was at 6 months old. He is very lucky to be a


Almost 2-1/2 years ago on July 12, 2009, Jim was blessed with a new heart. We are so incredibly thankful that he is doing so well after this surgery. We are forever grateful to the donor and their family. Jim is very lucky to say


Recently, about 6 weeks ago Jim had his tonsils removed. Along with them a tumor we were unaware of, a Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Our world nearly fell apart, how can this happen after all he's already been through?

After multiple scans over a couple of weeks, we found out the cancer had not spread yet to other parts of his body, one down, another surgery to go!

Almost 2 weeks ago, Jim underwent a right neck dissection. This surgery was about 3 hours long and all of Jim's lymph nodes on that side of his neck, 43 in all, were removed. Those were biopsied to look for further traces of cancer.

We just found out this week, none of the lymph nodes had cancer! We both are so, so, so very thanksful again!

Jim will go for monthly cancer detection appointments the first year. After that, the appointments will be spread out a bit further from each other.

My husband is now luckily


Jim is a very laid back, nonchallant type of guy. If he were to scream and yell his happiness at getting past the cancer scare, I bet he would say









I lost my dad 9 years ago to cancer. My mom beat endometrial cancer 5 years ago after surgery and 7 weeks of radiation. I hate cancer, cancer is a jerk, cancer is a total A-hole.

I know there are alot of you fighting right now and your fight can be going on for quite some time. We are very thankful, again, that this all got resolved in about 6 weeks for Jim. Some can fight for months, even years.

I want to say to those doing the fight to keep


Love, hope, strength, prayers and good thoughts to all of you. Kitty & Jim







P.S. our cats have something to say to cancer too.....

1 comment:

  1. Kitty, I think your Jim is Mr. Incredible. I'm so glad you have good news and your post sure tells us how much you have to be thankful for as well as giving encouragement to others. What a story! Love from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete