~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Where did the year go?

Geeezzzz...my last blog was February! How sad! Well alot has gone on this year, good and bad. I just can't believe in about 6 weeks, this year will be over!

My year included a trip home to Chicago in the spring to see family and celebrate my MIL's 81st bday.

The summer hubby and me had alot of fun exploring new places in Idaho by going to many of the summer fairs. We also crossed over the border into Oregon and discovered wonderful towns such as Baker's City.

In early Autumn I got to see my best friend again who lives in California. Last year we started our "Annual Best Friends trip". This year we hit a few cute towns on the Kitsap Peninsula of Washington state, returned to the Olympic Peninsula and Victoria, BC Canada. It was 9 days of pure bliss! I'll post pics in a future post.

Then late fall, just several weeks ago, my husband has his tonsils removed due to the right one being extremely swollen. Unfortunately it turned out to be a Squamous Cell Carcinoma tumor. His tonsils were actually fine, but were removed as a precaution. He had a PET scan a week ago and grateful to say, they found the cancer had not spread to any other parts in his body.

He is due to have a neck dissection this Monday, which will remove the lymph nodes on the right side of his neck. They will then be biopsied to check for any traces of cancer in them. If so, Jim will have to have radiation and possibly chemo. We pray they will find none and he can continue on with his life.

He is now almost 2.5 years post heart transplant. This year he finally was able to say "I feel GREAT" and begin doing things he has not done in years or was never able to do! So this happening to him seems just so wrong. He is strong, we are stronger together and WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!

Ok, back to blogging, I really, really want to keep up on this again! I am working on the pages of my shopping blog and that should be ready to go very soon!

Here are some prim items I've put in the kitchen over this year:

My 3rd rooster from one of my fave Ebay sellers:







I made this candle board out of an old, small cutting board we had. Painted it red, stained, added nails and some grubby candles:







This pitcher and the butter ladle/spoons I purchased at the prim shop out here where I live:







None of these items are new, but I put them together for a prim look. On the hook of our half curtain for our patio doors I hung an old wooden plate and a red ticking fabric towel:







Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that chicken - could you give me the name of the shop on Etsy...I sure would like one of my own - it's simply adorable.
    Mr Whimzie is from Idaho, so I read your blog with interest...he's from Coeur d'Alene.
    Good to see you posting once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty it is wonderful to see you posting once more!Love the prim touches that you have added to the kitchen.You and Jim continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.Big hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed you Kitty and was happy a comment popped up on my blog. I love all the pictures, you have a knack for getting it right. You and your Jim will be thought of by all of us. Prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy, the rooster I got at Primatheartprims on Ebay, she's very talented. here is her webpage at Ebay:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/countryatheartprims/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=200&_trksid=p3984

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you husband and you Kitty!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete